View Single Post
Old 02-25-03, 09:03 PM   #245
aeaas

Default Failed to load module "nvidia"

Hi, just want to first thank everyone on this board, I had all kinds of problems trying to install the drivers till I came here. Lots of help! But, alas, everything worked up to the starting of the X server, once I start it it crashes back and gives me this error:

Failed to load module "nvidia" (module foes not exist, 0)
No drivers available

Fatal sercer error:
no screens found

I did a full install on rh 8, updated everything, then rebooted into the new kernel (i did make the mistake of trying to compile without the new kernel and got the buildmiester error, rebooted with the new and one got rid of my error) every compiled and installed fine, I used the src.rpm's. I am running on a Dell Inspiron 4100 geforce 2 go

My XFree file (hopefully got all the relevent portions, i am typing this off my laptop next to me):

Section "Module"

Load "dbe"
Load "extmod"
Load "fbdevhw"
Load "glx"
Load "record"
Load "freetype"
Load "type1"

End Section

Interesting line from moniter section

ModeLine "1400x1050" 129.0 1400 1464 1656 1960 1050 1051 1054 1100 +hsync +vsync

this line is repeated 3 more times with the same numbers except 129.0 changes to 151.0, 162.0 and 184.0, respectively

Device (hopefully only relevent)
Driver "nvidia"

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And might save this laptop from being thrown out the window!
aeaas is offline   Reply With Quote