View Single Post
Old 02-26-03, 01:33 AM   #1
Bino

Send a message via ICQ to Bino Send a message via AIM to Bino
Default Mandrake 9.1b HELP!

I have used SuSE for a year or so now so I am used to using SAX2 and the command lines to configure my video card for open GL graphics, I was using the rpms before Nvidia updated their site to these new modules they have,

so for a while I have just ignored them becuase I already had the rpms for SuSE 7.3 and 8.0 but now I have moved to Mandrake 9.1b

and now

I have no clue what I am doing anymore, these new modules are locking up my system, I can't boot X.

I have read alot in here about the new modules, but I am curious as to if the info/modules will work for Mandrake 9.1b since they are all designed for Mandrake 9.0

It is i586 arch same as the 9.0 I have...but keeps messing up the x server and crashing it..

And, is Mandrake going to power open GL as well as SuSE does? I got EXCELLENT FPS!! and was running faster then windows

I just need help and some of these questions answered if you don't mind?

(Just a side note to everyone)
Mandrake 9.1b aswome, comes with KDE 3.1 already installed, has samba already setup and will auto detect any windows clients on your system on startup, and actually works with ease, and sane is much better now. I didn't have to configure anything for samba/sane just installed and started using them its excellent, that is why I want to switch from SuSE but I dont' want to lose my gaming
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote