View Single Post
Old 01-14-06, 06:18 PM   #707
keith33
Is Alive!

Send a message via MSN to keith33
Cool The 1680x1050 + Widescreen LCD Club

Lately, a lot of people have purchased widescreen large monitors to go along with their high-end gaming setups so they should have a thread to talk about purely widescreen problems/solutions with. So here it is. First of all state your monitor, the video card driving it, and how long you've had it.

Secondly, a lot of games require special configuration to run at these resolutions so this would be a good place to post them.

I'll start it off:

Dell 2005FPW
eVGA Geforce 7800 GTX KO 256mb

Battlefield 2
I haven't found a way to not stretch it across the screen yet so if there's a way to scale it properly, someone please post it, if you want stretching though, add this to the exe path: " +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 " without the quotes and outside of the path quotation.

F.E.A.R.
Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Monolith Productions\FEAR\
settings.cfg

Change Screenwidth and Screenheight accordingly.

Quake 4
Program Files\id Software\Quake 4\q4base\Quake4Config.cfg

seta r_customHeight "1050"
seta r_customWidth "1680"
seta r_fullscreen "1"
seta r_mode "-1"

Doom 3
Same as Quake 4

Also, I'd like to thank Valve for truly making the Source Engine for widescreen resolutions, probably best support of them to date. Well that's all I can think of right now, add your tips/tricks to this thread.
Mobile: HTC Touch Cruise
keith33 is offline   Reply With Quote