View Single Post
Old 02-26-03, 08:41 PM   #1
kybernetikos

Default Problem with Nforce2 Sound on Suse 8.1

I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem - I've been all over these forums and can't see anything that quite matches. I'm running the Nforce2 that's in the recent shuttles, and I've downloaded the unified nvidia driver and the graphics one. The accelerated graphics works fine, as does the network card, now I'm just trying to get sound to work.

When I try to configure in Yast2, it just tells me that an error occurred. I'm a bit of a linux newbie, but I read what others were doing so I tried
insmod i810_audio:

Using /lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o: unresolved symbol ac9 7_probe_codec
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o: unresolved symbol ac9 7_set_dac_rate
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o: unresolved symbol ac9 7_set_adc_rate

I tried insmod nvaudio and I get something similar:

Using /lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_probe_codec
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_dac_rate
/lib/modules/2.4.19-4GB/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_adc_rate

I don't know where all these unresolved symbols are coming from - I just installed the binary suse rpm from the nvidia web site.

On a side note, I spotted that that rpm was supposed to give instructions on how to configure IDE and USB, but I can't find anything on that. I don't know if this is relevant, but I get errors regarding agpgart as well.

Thanks for any help.
kybernetikos is offline   Reply With Quote