View Single Post
Old 01-23-06, 09:16 AM   #6
|MaguS|

Default Re: DDO ....wow i didn't think turbine could do it

I don't agree. I think DDO doesn't feel like D&D at all. Sure it has some feel but many key skills and features are just missing. Theres no attack of oppertunities in the game aswell as no flanking both with play a HUGE part in combat. The game also lacks any type of movement control ingeneral, they try to force the player to not move by giving him a -4 to hit if moving during combat but that doesn't exsist in D&D at all, plus the NPCs are not affected by this rule or any PC rule (they have no limit to cast, movement or attacks (arrow counts)).

I have been testing the game for acouple months (in closed beta) and there have been many complaints about much that has been missing in the game. I kept getting BS excuses about flanking (like it would cause too much stress on the servers even though almost every MMO has some form of flanking and they aren't as instanced).

The game is also very shallow, theres no aligenments or dieties coming into play so theres only a single way to play the game.

But after saying all that I can't deny its not fun. I have been having a blast but no matter how much fun I had I cant say it feels like D&D, not one bit. I do love how the dungeons allow for more interaction like traps (though very flawed) and sneaking (flawed aswell) but combat just feels very bad and not at all like D&D.

I do have alot of D&D experiance, I play every week with my roommate and friends, I have been playing for about 7 or so years and my roommate has been playing for about 20+ years (he's older then me).