View Single Post
Old 01-23-06, 10:05 AM   #1
Kerion

Default 6800GS vs. 9800 PRO: How big an upgrade?

I am currently running a Radeon 9800 Pro, and frankly, I love it. It's always worked well, given me good performance in most games, etc. Unfortunatley, it's lagging a bit behind. It runs fine with WoW, but in EverQuest 2, Battlefield 2 and F.E.A.R., it can't hold up. I am not looking to go PCI-e quite yet, as I like my currentl AGP motherboard (MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum). I probably won't get a PCI-e board until I go dual-core near the end of '06.

For an upgrade that's only going to sit in my PC for about 10 months (then be moved to my GF's), is the 6800GS going to be a large improvement over the 9800? $225 USD just seems like a really good price if all the rumors I have heard about the GS being a great mid-high enthusiest mainstream card are true. I have read some reviews and they have been overwhelmingly positive, but it's confusing to compare all the video card options and how they stack up these days.

Thanks for the help If you guys say this is a good upgrade, I will be ordering it from newegg today.
Kerion is offline   Reply With Quote