View Single Post
Old 08-14-02, 09:48 AM   #3
dungscooperdave

Alright, I started X by typing "startx". I've tried using "startx -- -verbose 5 -logverbose 5" to get more output to the log file, but it didn't change anything. I've tried using the conifugration file /root/XF86Config.new, and I've also tried using the configuration file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. Neither one has made any difference. I tried using the nv driver that came with my distro, and I got the same results I'm getting now. I tried using the source rpms, but they didn't work either. I switched to the directory where I put them and typed "ls". It showed that I had the files NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2960.src.rpm and NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2960.src.rpm. When I typed "rpm --rebuild NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2960.src.rpm" it told me that the file "NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2960.src.rpm" didn't exist. The same thing happened with the GLX file. It doesn't matter now anyway. Windows 98 SE is going to be on my computer now as soon as I get the time to put it on. After all, I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to get this to work. I can't tell you how many times I've reinstalled Linux. There aren't as many programs for Linux, and it's definately not as easy to use. I guess my friend was right when he told me to stick with Windows. What else can I say? Windows is the way!