View Single Post
Old 01-27-06, 09:58 AM   #2
Cirr

Default Re: Anyone playing EVE-Online?

I started playing EVE in June of '03 at the bequest of a friend - I didn't have much time to play as much as I would have liked, but it didn't stop me from logging on and doing a few missions here and there. Within a month I was doing semi-regular mining ops and taking down 50k rats. I've stopped playing once but as characters are almost never deleted by CCP, I have been able to return and EVE is my current favorite game.

By now you are probably familiar with the skill system in EVE. As such, there is no such thing as powerleveling - EVE is a slow, progressive game; your main character becomes more of an investment in time but you DO see the benefit and improvement in what you can do, provided you have the ingame funds. You can accomplish quite a bit within an hour to two hours: scout belts for rats, be an ebil player pirate, run agent missions, mine, etc. It's not out of the question to net a couple million isk after two hours of mining/hauling. You can't "screw up" your character - there is literally no limit in how many skill points you can have.

That said, there are plenty of noob corporations, notably EVE University Corporation, that will help you learn the ropes as well as help you get a better idea of what you want from your EVE experience. There are semi-centralized corporations/alliances like the Freelancer's Alliance which promote "freedom and a solo experience". You can find most answers on the EVE Online forums and generally people are of the helpful sort, provided you keep questions in the proper subforum. You will also be placed in a noob corporation when you start the game - players in those channels will also help you.

Take note though if you seek a "carebear" gaming experience. EVE contains a large percentage of PvP players, and PvP is quite simply unavoidable unless you stay in high-security systems.

Send me a PM if you have any further questions.
Cirr is offline   Reply With Quote