View Single Post
Old 01-31-06, 04:28 PM   #1
chrispayne

Default Kernel oops with two NVS-400 cards

I'm attempting to get dual NVS-400 video cards (with the goal of 8 monitors total) working in a system, and can reproducibly cause a kernel oops. This system is running Scientific Linux 4.2 (equivalent to RedHat Enterprise 4), running a 2.6.9-22.0.2.EL kernel. I have been running a single NVS-400 using the 1.0-8178 driver with 4 monitors attached without too much difficulty, but now am attempting to add the second card and an additional 4 monitors.

I have tried using both a single processor, as well as SMP kernel, but both result in an oops. The reason I even attempted an SMP kernel on this single Pentium 4 system this is due to some other strange behavior I have seen lately, see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63946

Grasping at straws, I tried various versions of pci=biosirq, pci=noacpi etc, but I always get the oops.

Unfortunately, since the kernel oops' before X starts, I cannot get a nvidia-bug-report with the system in a bad state. I have included the kernel oops (from /var/log/messages) as well as an nvidia-bug-report after the hard reboot, so as to include the basic config, versions, logs etc, for both a SMP and non-SMP case.

Has anyone managed to get multiple NVS-400's running in a single system? Is this even possible?

Cheers
Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip nvidia-bug-report.log_vanilla.zip (24.2 KB, 132 views)
File Type: zip kernel_oops.log_vanilla.zip (1.8 KB, 132 views)
File Type: zip nvidia-bug-report.log_pci=biosirq_smp.zip (23.4 KB, 133 views)
File Type: zip kernel_oops.log_pci=biosirq_smp.zip (1.8 KB, 129 views)
chrispayne is offline   Reply With Quote