View Single Post
Old 02-01-06, 09:01 PM   #1
carlos
In the fetal position

Default UT2K4 Wont Run on 64 OS

I freshly installed my Debian OS on my new AMD 64 bi CPU. I decided I would select also to install the AMD64 version of Debian which is up and working fine. Nvidia drivers installed and run fine, sound is nice and loud so basically I have no problems with the OS in itself.

I then threw in my UT2K4 DVD ROM and ran the "linux-installer.sh" once the disk is mounted. It installed fine and said it was complete and asked if I wanted to run the application. I installed the game with all default settings and it's located in /usr/local/games/ut2004/.

Now when I decided to run the game, nothing happens so I ran the command from shell to see why I get no response and this is what I see....

Code:
carlos@gamebox:~$ ut2004
./ut2004-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
On a side note, I thought this may be a problem since I am running a 64 bit OS. I reformatted and installed Debian i386 (32 bit) and made sure everything was working and then ran the installer as I did above and the game ran fine. I had no sound but atleast the game ran and I could play. I then again installed Debian 64 and here we are...lost & confused.

Please help.