View Single Post
Old 08-15-02, 08:29 AM   #7
joltcola
Amputechture - 9/12

I've always seen forum posts, stating that their WD died on them in the first 5 months of operation, and even hurd IBM's HD having problems too. But i've got both an WD and an IBM HD, that have been running smooth for some time now. Is this possibly due to different HD being manufactured in different locations? Or , not enough testing of their products?

Does anyone have some nfo on this?

Oh, yeah, the WD and IBM's HD came with the systems, but any system I've ever built or maintain, have Maxtors in them. They are definatly reliable imo, and I've only had one go out on me in the last two years under a heavy work load. If I buy another HD for whatever reason, I'd most likely go with Maxtor.

More of my opinion! =)

-- Jolt Cola
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.- Aristotle
"sorry... Nvnews distracted me" - Tuork
"You work three jobs? That's uniquely American," President Bush told her. "That's fantastic."
joltcola is offline   Reply With Quote