View Single Post
Old 03-12-06, 04:10 PM   #525
FraGTastiK
'

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Holy crap...you guys weren't kidding about this update being enormous. I've had the GW client open since I posted the last message and it's already downloaded like 30 MB before the program opened, and now, on the login screen, it' up to 256MB! This is crazy!

EDIT: Wow...380MB and going.

That little Z or lightning bolt + the MB amount IS an indicator of downloading, right? I've noticed that in the game for some time now and always just figured that thing was downloading the patches and whatnot.

EDIT 2: Good lord! 545MB. How big is this?!
Holy C*** I didnt let it finish downloading at login screen nowits 545MB+? rather big.

I think one of the effects the latest skill balance changes had was trying to make other builds and professions match in effectiveness with b/p ranger groups entering Tombs UW .PyroNuker and Warrior skills mostly been boosted imo.Rodgort's Invocation fries them extra crispy now.

Recently its been all about barrage/pet rangers + one MM and/or a Monk groups forming up to go get their, incresingly getting cheaper in price, green drops.You needed to wait alot to get yourself in a team if you were not a b/p (before update). Seems like b/p is the fastest way to do it.I wanted a bigger slice too so I made myself a R/Me he's been a 20 with a 19 pet since divinity coast mission, still a long way to go for him.

EDIT:imo green drops are getting less and less exciting unless you get a Victo Shield, but the challenge in hoh is still there and gives you a sense of accomplishment when you finish it, even when you get no drops.

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750
PIONEERDVD-RW DVR-108 ][ MSI CD-RW CR52P AUDIGY2ZS ][ CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
2xMAXTOR SATA160GB (RAID 0) ][ 2x MAXTOR IDE80GB ][ AOPENH700C

Last edited by FraGTastiK; 03-12-06 at 04:29 PM.
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote