This is how you can install all nvidia drivers for all cards on Suse 8.1, and this is also the way to fix the gf2 bug.
1) Load suse Linux 8.1 in failsafe mode
2) Log in as "root"
3) Type in:
"rpm -e NVIDIA_GLX"
"rpm -e NVIDIA_kernel"
(This should deinstall old linux drivers)
4) Then install your new drivers:
"rpm -ivh NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.suse81.i586.rpm"
"rpm -ivh NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.suse81.i586.rpm"
(Number 4191 changes per version of the driver)
6) Start Linux again in failsafe mode
7) Log in as "root"
8) Type in "startx"
9) Go into Yast2, configure a little bit around with your display settings
10) reboot, start normal
11) Enjoy the wonderful TuxRacer grafics
Please add this on the top of this forum mods, because I think there are a lot of people with a geforce2.