View Single Post
Old 08-15-02, 10:48 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Danno
Thanks for your replies fellas, but seriously, did you have to be such asses about it. This is my first post on this forum, and if this is how all the new members are treated, I may not post again.
This is a message I want to send to every person who views and signs up for this message board, be them a new member or a seasoned nV veteran:

In the over 18 months that I've been a part of this community, the number of threads where people come in asking about their 3dmark score has to number in the hundreds. The threads that have talked about 3dmark scores that are here right now are a mere microcosm of what used to be on this message board.

2 pages here

Here

Here

Counting this one, out of 10 total threads in this forum, 4 talk about 3dmark scores. There is more to life than this simple, synthetic benchmark (that quite a few people cheat on anyway - not saying that you personally do it, but you can't deny that it's done).

You say your games play well, that's what it's all about. After all, NVIDIA's slogan is "The way it's meant to be played" not "The way it's meant to be benchmarked." The latter should be ATI's slogan.

Last edited by saturnotaku; 08-15-02 at 10:51 PM.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote