View Single Post
Old 03-28-06, 04:23 PM   #543
xbob
WWGFD?

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystone57
^ I already asked this in a GW thread in the main MMORPG forum but since shaders are being discussed, do I need the Factions preview to have Dx9 graphics or is Dx9 now in the main Guild Wars levels? I don't have the preview and I can't tell for certain if the existing GW game looks better, it seems like the surfaces look nicer but that may be from the update of 2 weeks ago and not directly from any effects of the preview which is around 5 days old now.

oh duh, EDIT - it says in my advanced graphics the renderer is Dx9. And again I don't have the preview, but I'm glad it at least says Dx9 now.
It likely won't make any difference in the current Prophecies campaign, I think all the new material is slated for the expansion only. That said, I and a couple other people have found performance a little smoother after they upgraded the rendering engine.

I fiind it very encouraging that they have applied pretty nice upgrades to the sound and video engine in the last few weeks.
xbob is offline   Reply With Quote