View Single Post
Old 03-31-06, 05:46 AM   #41
d13f00l

Default Re: Slow AA text rendering in KDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxhippy
I don't see this problem on my machine, could you watch the output of "top" while scrolling throw OpenOffice Calc, please?
OO has some problems with claculating which parts need to be redrawn, maybe you speadsheet just hits this problem? OO Writer and Calc use imho exactly the same drawing routines.

Well I also believe its a problem in the nvidia drivers, but can you PROOVE it. I can't thats why I am quite with such bold statements.
lg Clemens

You're the one who told me to shut up about this bug. :P

Can someone check with drivers 1.0-6111? And then compare the speed to 6629 and 8178. 6111 should be fast, 6629 should be slow. If 6629 is faster than 8178, then Nvidia will look at this issue. 6111 was fast because it renders fonts incorrectly. I've been in contact with a few people about this bug. As it stands now, it's mostly a KDE bug, as there are issues with other drivers besides "nvidia" in kwrite and other KDE programs.

The next release of the nvidia driver should improve render acceleration and have lots of fixes for render, or so I'm told. I kind of doubt it will solve this KDE issue, but that's just me.
d13f00l is offline   Reply With Quote