View Single Post
Old 04-01-06, 09:33 AM   #547
oneils

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystone57
^ I already asked this in a GW thread in the main MMORPG forum but since shaders are being discussed, do I need the Factions preview to have Dx9 graphics or is Dx9 now in the main Guild Wars levels? I don't have the preview and I can't tell for certain if the existing GW game looks better, it seems like the surfaces look nicer but that may be from the update of 2 weeks ago and not directly from any effects of the preview which is around 5 days old now.

oh duh, EDIT - it says in my advanced graphics the renderer is Dx9. And again I don't have the preview, but I'm glad it at least says Dx9 now.
raystones, make sure that your video options have "post process effects" on. This makes a big difference visually (especially at high resolutions sp.?)

Ahhhhh, wait, I understand where you are coming from...you don't know if this only has an effect on the character selection screen...or the whole game, right? I'm not sure either. I had assumed it was the whole game because that option sure did make the character selection screen much better. Or, am I talking out of my ass?

edit - just realised that you guys are talking about dx9 shader capabilities. I'm wondering, then, what the "post process effects" option is for then?
3x320gb Seagate Barracudas
2gb RAM
oneils is offline   Reply With Quote