Thread: The BEST swords
View Single Post
Old 04-07-06, 05:32 AM   #12
agentkay

Default Re: The BEST swords

Swords are kick ass! I like Japanese Katanas. Iīve seen once how an old man made a sword like that, by hand and it was simple amazing. I donīt remember his name but his swords were selling for like $50.000, at least thats what they said in that documentary. They are also incredibly light and flexible. They are excellent cutting swords, probably the best for that one purpose.

European sword designs are by no mean any worse but they are designed for a totally different type of combat. Also there is a reason why the japanese swords are so light, Japan doesnīt have a lot natural iron resources, while Europe has A LOT of iron. So it was much easier and cheaper to make excellent and high quality swords in Europe, something what wasnīt the case in Japan.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote