View Single Post
Old 04-07-06, 11:41 AM   #60
Telomerase

Default Re: Why isn't the NVnews logo green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
I could spend the money I had for site t-shirts and have someone work on redesigning the site. It wouldn't be enough though. It is easy to say what should be done and what others should do but there is a limit to the resources the site has to work with. There's also a limit to the amount of time I have to devote to the site.
many fathers out there have jobs that are more laborise than you. not to mention many truck drivers spend countless entire days away from their family, but they manage quite well. i am not disrespecting you, but i do grow tired of seeing that excuse being brought up. it could be said that it's almost turning into a cliche. if it's really that much of a balancing act, then perhaps your personal life is more important. please, do not misinterpret my argument as i'm not trying to start any flames or hurt anybodies feelings.

Telomerase is an enzyme that adds telomere repeat sequences to the 3' end of DNA strands. By lengthening this strand DNA polymerase is able to complete the synthesis of the "incomplete ends" of the opposite strand.
Telomerase:

* is a ribonucleoprotein;
* Its single RNA molecule provides an AAUCCC (in mammals) template to guide the insertion of TTAGGG.
* Its protein component called TERT ("TElomere Reverse Transcriptase") provides the catalytic action.
* Thus telomerase is a reverse transcriptase; synthesizing DNA from an RNA template.
Telomerase is offline   Reply With Quote