Originally Posted by netllama
I have a few questions:
0) If you remove the ConnectedMonitor and SecondMonitorHorizSync options, does that have any impact?
1) Is your SVIDEO cable running directly between the TV and videocard, or are you using any intermediary cabled/devices?
2) If you use two modes ( 800x600, 800x600 ) in your first pair of MetaModes, instead of NULL, does that have any impact?
3) What kind of TV and CRT are you using?
It's nice to see someone frome nvidia has replied so fast.
0) No impact, apart from the fact that the TV has to be connected to be detected in Xorg.0.log
1) It is connected directly between TV and videocard using single, 10 m long cable
2) I tried commenting out my metamode line and adding one with only 800x600, 800x600 entry, but it has not helped
3) CRT: Samsung Syncmaster 959NF; TV: LOEWE Art Vision 70 (quite an old one, but was working with previous driver with no problems).
BTW x.org is unable to fetch EDID for the CRT, is any special option needed?
As suggested I have tried the following:
Option UseDisplayDevice "TV-0"
Option MetaModes "800x600, 800x600"
I got signal output only to the TV. So it seems something is screwed up with TwinView.