View Single Post
Old 03-12-03, 06:42 AM   #34
Captain Beige

Quote:
Originally posted by nrdstrm
What is all this nonsense you guys are talking? I have an FX5800Ultra. It's in my computer right now. Jakkup (also on this forum) has one as well. Both were bought at PC Club. They are EVGA. Personally, I think 55FPS in Doom3 Alpha Leak is pretty damn respectable (5000 on 3dmark2k3 ain't bad either.) Not only that, the drivers have yet to be optimized (the 43.00 are crap, I'm still using the 42.68s). Also, MSI should be releaseing some Ultra's soon as well. True they aren't widely available, but you can find them if your quick on the draw (newegg had the evga last week...all gone now). At any rate, I'm very happy with my purchase...
too bad the drivers can only get worse as at the moment nvidia doesn't have any WHQL certified drivers because it would mean not being able to use their 16-bit hackery. and too bad that 3dmark2003 score is meaningless because it's not using WHQL drivers which is a requirement for valid scores. too bad the 9700pro will have higher FPS in Doom3 final when the same IQ is used.

then again, your own fault for buying a product that was 1 step short of having DISCONTINUED written across it.

but so long as you're happy with what you got and don't care about the ~1 million other people who got more for less money...
Captain Beige is offline   Reply With Quote