View Single Post
Old 03-12-03, 01:53 PM   #43
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally posted by nrdstrm
NV35 will be announced soon?!? Great!!! When that comes out I will buy it and retire my FX. What's the big deal really?!? Right now I have the most powerful Nvidia card available (since I refuse to buy ATI)(Before the flames start, ATI makes good cards, I just don't like them, personal opinion). When the next "Best thing"from Nvidia comes out, I will buy that too. Also, in relation to "ATI will have better FPS when Doom3 comes out officially" or whatever, how do you know? From what I hear, Carmack plans to optimize for both cards (he got really upset with ATI after the Doom3 leak.)

For glowstick : I think you are refering to the 43.00 drivers. They are terrible, I tried them. I will stick with the 42.68's for now.

For All : Keep checking PC Club, I have a gut feeling that the MSI cards will be shipping soon. No hard data, just call it a hunch.

Also, I am using a weak motherboard, weak ram, etc. When I get my new mobo (655max) and dual channel ddr 400 (2) 512MB I will repost my benchmarks...

AND...for low/mid range cards, looks like Nvidia is spanking ATI. Only the 9500Pro can beat a 5600 and 5200. The value versions of ATI's cards (except the 9500pro) are NOT DX9 compliant and were built on DX8 platform, while ALL of Nvidia's cards will be DX9 compliant (<$100 to $200). Since that is where the card makers make most of their money, guess Nvidia will win again...
hey whats up man? well i wish i could get the next big thing from nv too... but my lowly job just will not allow that (im still gonna try my best to work with you guys soon )
oh, and the drivers he was talking about, were the ones realeased yesterday... 43.30... i just gave them a shot... they're bad too... much like the 43's... 3dmark score of 3,5?? i dont remember... im gonna give them a shot with games too, see how it does with those.

and yes, i much agree with him about nvidia cards... im just not an ati guy. my friend has a 9700 pro... and i wasnt too impressed... it was fast... when it wanted to be. half of the game demos i brought over wouldnt even run. just a fuzzy screen. with my geforcefx, i havent come across a single game that refuses to run.