View Single Post
Old 04-15-06, 02:29 PM   #1
C0NTR4l34ND

Default XFX GeForce 6200 256MB problems

Hello all.

I joined this forum because I'm having some problems with my video card, I think.

First of all, I have an emachines computer, with I think an nforce4 motherboard.
Integrated video/audio, etc. It's maybe 2 years old. It is a pretty good computer and it's served me well so I can't complain. Until I tried to play Fable. Fable requires a shading enabled graphics card, so it was time for me to buy one.

I bought the XFX GeForce 6200 and installed it. I was blown away by the difference and I didn't know it would make such a big improvement on my computer and games in general.

Only problem is, now whenever I run DVD Shrink, Windows Media Player 10, or PowerDVD, the resources to the program skyrocket to 99 and it bogs down my computer. Needless to say, I am unable to play videos.

What do I need to do to fix this?

I'm not a computer genius but I'm not completely ignorant, either. I just don't want to do the wrong thing to fix it and have it end up in worse shape, so I thought I'd ask.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling WMP. No luck.

Your responses are appreciated and I'll be very grateful, as my vacation from school is this week and I need full access to my computer!
C0NTR4l34ND is offline   Reply With Quote