04-16-06, 02:14 PM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Suspend/Hibernate - does it work for you?
I'm trying to get an idea of the number of people who have tried suspend-to-disk or suspend-to-ram, and see is there any pattern to the hardware or software setups on which it works or fails.
So if you have tried it, it would be great if you could post below
- What suspend method did you use? (e.g. suspend-to-ram, swsusp in kernel, suspend2, etc.)
- Did it work?
- Your software setup (nvidia driver version, distro, kernel version, suspend version if applicable)
- Your hardware (Chipset, GeForce model, mainboard, CPU)
- If it didn't work for you, and you feel like describing the problem - tell us about where it failed, any debugging attempts, etc.
And if you want to give suspend/hibernate a try...here are some links
- (Suspend method) Suspend-to-disk (Suspend2 2.2.1 kernel and packages from atrpms.net)
- (Worked?) No - failed on resume.
- (SW setup) 8756 drivers, Fedora Core 5, kernel-suspend2-2.6.16-1.2080_3.rhfc5.cubbi_suspend2 plus the supporting suspend2 packages from atrpms.net
- (HW) NForce 2, Integrated GF4MX, Soltek SL-7BA-F, Athlon XP Barton 2500+
- (Problem Desc.) With NvAGP driver - locks up while restoring RAM image from disk, with AGPGART driver - resumes ok, but video doesn't come back, system grinds to a halt for a few secs every 15 secs or so, printing the message "NVRM: Xid (0001:00): 8, Channel 0000001b". But with AGP completely disabled - works fine! (See this thread for more details).
Last edited by mrkh; 04-16-06 at 02:29 PM.