View Single Post
Old 04-16-06, 10:35 PM   #1
xawen

Default Please help! Random freezing when running openGL applications

Hey all...I really hope someone can help me out here...

I'm running a Fedora Core 5 system with the 8756 drivers installed from Livna and the 2.6.16-1.2080 kernel from the official repository. On the hardware side, I've got a PNY GeForce 6600 card with a Dell 1907FP on the DVI port and a 1905FP on the analog port.

Hardware acceleration is working and I'm getting a good FPS in glxgears. But when I run an openGL application the entire system will lock up after a few (2-30) minutes. No mouse, keyboard...hard reboot is the only way out. The frustrating part is that I can't find a scrap of information in ANY log file. I don't think the system ever gets the chance to report a problem. I'm relatively sure it's not a hardware problem since I do not have a similar problem in Windows.

Strangely, openGL based screensavers and glxgears seem to be exceptions, but it may just be a matter of time.

The only thing I've been able to confirm is that it's not an overheat issue.

I've tried everything I can think of (or read about)...here's the list:
NvAGP instead of agpgart
acpi=off
apm=off
turning off all services not needed to startup and run X
reverting to driver 8178
enable dpms
disable Sync to VBlank
disable Allow Flipping
set Override Antialiasing Settings
set Override Anisotropic Filtering
system BIOS upgrade
IRQ setting changes

None of this has had any effect.

I've got nothing left I can think of to try. If anyone can help, I'd love some suggestions. The bug report from my system is attached, but since the problem is a hard lockup I couldn't take it right after the crash (had to reboot first).

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (79.6 KB, 136 views)
xawen is offline   Reply With Quote