Originally Posted by netllama
Yes, NVIDIA received your bug report, and we do respond to all emails. Had you posted it here, we could have responded here as well.
I have a few questions:
0) Does your BIOS have a means of reducing the AGP rate? If so, can you try reducing it?
1) If you boot with the noapic and/or acpi=off kernel parameters, does that have any impact?
2) Have you tried using a much more recent kernel (such as 2.6.16.x)?
3) Have you verified that you're using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?
thanks a lot for your reply. Here are the answers:
0) no it does not.
1) yes I tried but I still had the freeze
2) I tried to boot with Ubuntu Dapper live CD which uses 2.6.16.x kernel and had the same freeze.
3) I am using the latest BIOS.
I have attached the bug report here as well.