* Added support for GeForce 7300, GeForce 7400, GeForce
7600 and GeForce 7900.
* Added support for running OpenGL applications while the
Composite X extension is enabled; see "The X Composite
Extension" appendix for details.
* Enabled hardware acceleration of the Render X extension
* Added "AddARGBGLXVisuals" X configuration option, so that
OpenGL applications can render to X Windows' alpha channel.
* Added new "nvidia-auto-select" mode entry for use in the
X configuration file; see description in the "Programming
* Added support for GLX 1.4.
* Added ability for OpenGL applications to span greater
than 4096 pixels when in Xinerama.
* Improved G-Sync support.
* Fixed interlaced modes on CRTs.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 1.0-8756
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...ngs-1.0.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
If you encounter any problems with the 1.0-8756
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and any relevant log files.