View Single Post
Old 04-27-06, 10:42 PM   #29
nyc_paramedic

Default Re: Suspend/Hibernate - does it work for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeline
1. Suspend method: suspend-to-disk, Swsusp 2 for 2.6.16
2. Did NOT work.

3. Kernel: vanilla 2.6.16.1 + swsusp2 2.4 for 2.6.16, agpgart disabled.
X: xorg 6.8.2 with nvidia driver.
4. Hardware: Athlon 64 on nforce 4 (ASUS A8N-SLI premium), with Geforce 7600GT (ASUS brand).
5. When suspending, after everything seems to be done, monitor powers off, but computer keeps running and is irresponsive. GPU fan goes to full speed. Situation did not change for 10 min, then I powered off manually. Restarting leads to a reboot, not a resume.
Tried every trick I heard (several NVAGP settings, certain "magic" hiberante options etc.), but situation does not change.
When "nvidia" module is not loaded, i.e in console mode, everything works fine.
I'm using the same motherboard, an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium. I'm using the Yukon NIC, with the other disabled.

I have been able to suspend-to-disk consistently, since the new drivers came out, withou any problems.

God how I love suspend-to disk on a desktop machine. I have so many apps open; it's nice to just have them where I left off after I hot the power switch.

(Suspend method) Suspend-to-disk
(Worked?) Yes
(Suspend method) Suspend-to-ram
(Worked?) No
(SW setup) Debian unstable, custom debian 2.6.16, no patches applied, current Debian Xorg 7.0 release, latest NVIDA driver, kernel swsusp to swap.
(HW) Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Athlon 3500+, EVGA 7800GTX 512 x1, Soundblaster Live Value, LSI U160 SCSI card.
(Problem Desc.) Suspend to Ram fails to come back. Green power LED flases when machine goes to sleep. All fans full throttle. Tried passing acpi_sleep=s3_bios with no change.
nyc_paramedic is offline   Reply With Quote