View Single Post
Old 04-29-06, 05:24 PM   #572
FraGTastiK
'

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystone57
^^ I went to all the effert to get a pet spider in UW and I was so happy get to play with an L20 pet in the BP groups in FoW in Temple of Ages (ToA) and Tomb of Kings in the desert or wherever. But all the pets in the BP groups kept dying so fast. Just great, I should have known that. So I asked around about that, like what's the point of taking pets on missions. And the experienced people joked in response that well it's a BP group, that's what pets are for, you take your pet to a BP group. Then seriously they admitted that pets are not really a great benefit in killing the enemy. And that there is a coolness factor going on with all the Rangers bringing their pets on missions.

As long as the BP groups are popular I guess I'll use that to get into group missions more often. But having to rez my pet every 5 or 10 minutes, jeesh. Maybe I'm off track about this, hopefully you can tell me it isn't this bad as far a pets dying on harder levels. The coolness thing makes it kind of worth it I guess. At least I think I can do a quick scan to find my dead pet, like holding down the Ctrl or Alt key while scanning. Seems like it would shorten the hunting time a lot for the body if it's possible.

Btw I'd think more would be posting about Factions and the new Japanese levels.
Yes youre right pets cannot stand against grasps for long in Tombs UW but the point of BP in Tombs greens seeking mission is to try to have more body blocks against enemies considering that you are hugely outnumbered in tombs mission with quick attacking hard hitting grasps and three other casting mobs. Pets will go down in three or four hits but they add up to the number of front line defense. So grasps will be busy killing another "thing" anyway before reaching rangers in the back line, your chance to shoot little pointy things as fast as you can.

But pets have another advantage in Tombs wich surpasses their body blocking role, and that is constant corpse supply for the mm necro to raise minions. That is why if the mm is a good fast reacting player its better to rez your pets the first time you get enough energy and a chance to press the related skill button/icon even in the middle of a battle so that it dies again quick and mm raises yet another minion from its corpse. You shouldnt heal your pet when its going down unless your team does not have enough minions up and blocking and the grasps are held off busy at a distance fighting your pet(s). But you do send'em in with full health when fighting a new group.

That strategy would have gained your team a huge army fast before the recent patch. Now that the mm can only control 10 minions Ive seen some teams taking two MMs with them to add to the number of possible minions. I've never been to a double mm team since the patch went live though but I have been in teams that ended the mission with 10 minion limit several times, its a bit harder now and inexperienced teams will be defeated for sure.

With 10 minion limitation your team is constantly outnumbered so one or two members tend to carry a dust trap to welcome the incoming grasps with'em. Also its even more important now that at least three people carry throw dirt with them as a life saver.

You dont need to find your pets body or even target it to rez. Just activate comfort animal and its done unless you are a circle radar map distance away from him then you need to get a bit closer and activate the skill.

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750
PIONEERDVD-RW DVR-108 ][ MSI CD-RW CR52P AUDIGY2ZS ][ CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
2xMAXTOR SATA160GB (RAID 0) ][ 2x MAXTOR IDE80GB ][ AOPENH700C

Last edited by FraGTastiK; 04-30-06 at 03:56 AM.
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote