View Single Post
Old 03-14-03, 05:54 PM   #3
digitalwanderer

Wink Well, duh!

I know that, you know that, most of the people on this board know that...heck, I'd even wager that nVidia knows that.

What I'm asking is are there any HARD NUMBERS besides the 5800 Ultra on the 'review drivers' that show it beating the 9700 Pro in a head-to-head?

Seriously, I think it's a good/important/signifigant little point. If nVidia is going to be claiming, "they've regained the gaming crown", I'd really like to know what they're basing it on.

If they're basing it on the 'review drivers' numbers, fine and cheesy; if they're basing it on something else I'd like to hear/know about it before I give 'em my new official title....
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote