View Single Post
Old 05-02-06, 06:57 PM   #7
zisper

Default Re: GeForce3 Ti 500, DVI, Ubuntu-Dapper, Driver 8756

Okay, I think I see where the Xorg logfile went wrong, please correct me if I'm not right, but that command is:

startx -- -logverbose 5

I believe I did startx --logverbose 5 (because I've never seen that program -- -option syntax before). I'll do this tonight and post up a new Xorg.log file. And try the VGA cable (that's just an error checking thing though right? I don't like LCD's with VGA connections.)

I looked through the driver readme (at least one I found on the web) and it still seems to me that the ConnectedMonitor option just specifies which output to use: Is there in a link to the relevant info you can post? Here's what I'm looking at:

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "string"

Allows you to override what the NVIDIA kernel module detects is connected to your video card. This may be useful, for example, if you use a KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) switch and you are switched away when X is started. In such a situation, the NVIDIA kernel module cannot detect what display devices are connected, and the NVIDIA X driver assumes you have a single CRT.

Valid values for this option are "CRT" (cathode ray tube), "DFP" (digital flat panel), or "TV" (television); if using TwinView, this option may be a comma-separated list of display devices; e.g.: "CRT, CRT" or "CRT, DFP".

It is generally recommended to not use this option, but instead use the "UseDisplayDevice" option.

NOTE: anything attached to a 15 pin VGA connector is regarded by the driver as a CRT. "DFP" should only be used to refer to digital flat panels connected via a DVI port.

Default: string is NULL (the NVIDIA driver will detect the connected display devices).
zisper is offline   Reply With Quote