* Added support for new GPUs, such as QuadroFX 4500 X2, Quadro
FX 5500, Quadro FX 3500, and Quadro FX 1500.
* Improved Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI support.
* Fixed video memory reporting with GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache.
* Fixed a problem with Overlay support when in TwinView.
* Fixed several issues with mode selection for CRTs and DFPs.
* Fixed a corruption problem with Rotation and large desktops on
older GPUs, including GeForce4 MX.
* Fixed a system crash starting X with TwinView on certain GPUs.
* Addressed an NV-CONTROL compatibility issue; please see the
Known Issues section of the README for details.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 1.0-8756
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...ngs-1.0.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
If you encounter any problems with the 1.0-8756
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and any relevant log files.