View Single Post
Old 06-01-06, 07:12 PM   #30
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Default Re: 'HL2: Episode 1' Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
No, no, no.. You cannot have played through the first chapter in the citidal and make such a claim. More detailed anymations, more detailed ingame cinematics, more detailed backgrounds, definently more detailed looking alyx model AND new effects (the core at the citidal just to name the most prominent) PLUS of cause HDR lightning. I pity you if you can't see the difference, because then you wouldn't need such an expensive rig

Anyway as you can probably tell I was impressed. It was everything I hoped for. I have played 5 hours so far and I'm not nearly done yet. I usally have 10-20% more gameplay time in SP games than the average on this board, so this doesn't surprice me.
It is just like a concentrate of the best moments of HL2 mixed together in a lovely little episode. I must admit, I'm an instant fan of episodes. Clever puzzles, varied gameplay and environments, good storytelling IMO (although they could even knock this up a notch in Episode 2 ) and just a nice execution overall. Well done valve
HDR has ceazed to amaze me, especially HL2's implementation of it. Again I said there are more detailed and higher res texture and better animations and so forth, but you get tried of looking at Alyx and the walls. Not much in more detail seriously. I liked the game except it really was too short.
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W