View Single Post
Old 06-02-06, 06:37 AM   #5
starfury6
Dark Jedi

Send a message via MSN to starfury6
Default Re: mdadm software raid problems on Debian

Interesting question. I can't get the server booted up because the gfx is screwed. Borrowed another card for a minute (the wife wouldn't let me keep it!) and it was fine so it appears the gfx card is knackered. I had it a few times where I would reboot the server for something and it would come up with corrupted gfx, I just put it down to residual images in the frame buffer and a few restarts and it would go away. Now its totally screwed.

Knowing how wonderful the PC hardware architecture is, can a GFX card spewing crap out on the PCI bus cause problems for other devices? If so it could explain my previous problems. I put one of the original drives which I thought were toast when it originally occurred in my Fedora box (which I had to reinstall last night, not a good week) and it seems to be fine, suggesting my 2 new ones are okay too.

I'm going to order a new card for the server before I start screwing with it just in case the GFX card was causing other problems. It was only 16 so it's hardly worth trying to warranty it. (Connect3DAti Radeon 7000)

Will keep you posted.
Maxtor DM10 250GB SATA NCQ / NEC 2500A DVD+-RW / Sony DDU1613 DVD-ROM
starfury6 is offline   Reply With Quote