View Single Post
Old 03-21-03, 12:59 PM   #21
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
What use was that article but to try and have a dig at us over here. You could have made a topic on here about it, emailed volt or sent him a pm. BTW I never called you anything on here
I dunno, I felt the article was more calling attention to the fact that their was still some fanboyish optimists out there who are still just swallowing whatever nVidia happens to shell out to them.

Seriously, I do. When I first saw Volt's story on the frontpage my first reaction was disbelief. It was either an incredibly gullible or foolish attitude IMHO, and it's not surprising that someone would mock it.

If you're going to be swinging a 'tude like that, you'd best be ready and expecting to defend it in this climate.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]