View Single Post
Old 06-22-06, 10:54 PM   #1
betatest04

Default 1.0-8762, AMD64, 6.1-RELEASE/i386, glXMakeCurrent lockup

I appear to have a configuration which causes an interesting lockup problem :o(

In summary, glxinfo hangs itself after printing "name of display: :0.0". With a combination of ktrace and single-stepping through a debug version of glxinfo, it appears to be dropping into an infinite loop somewhere inside the glXMakeCurrent call, possibly in or around glXChannelRectSyncSGIX(). The ktrace result shows getpid() being called continuously.

My configuration:
. AMD64 X2 dual-core 4400+, 2GB RAM;
. Gigabyte K8NF-9 mb with WinFast PX7300 GS PCI-E card;
. 6.1-RELEASE/i386/SMP;
. 1.0-8762 driver, built with default settings;

I've tried various versions of the driver (8756, 8178, 8174), I've tried the GENERIC 6.1-RELEASE/i386, I've tried the GENERIC 5.5-RELEASE/i386 (with 8762), I've tried turning off all the threading options I could find (including PREEMPTION, and even setting __GL_SINGLE_THREADED, in case it had an effect)... all produced the same result: a hung glxinfo.

I should also say that glxinfo works quite happily when using a remote display, glxgears works on the local display, there are no error messages in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, and I'm occasionally getting "nvClipLock: client timed out, taking the lock" messages (if that makes a difference).

I have not yet started reflashing things (mb or card) -- both are "as new" from sealed packages.

Any thoughts? Zander?
betatest04 is offline   Reply With Quote