View Single Post
Old 06-29-06, 06:00 AM   #2
thanosz

Default Re: Non-HDTV over component

Hi,

Has any one been able to get HD576p to work correctly. I have a 36" Toshiba 36ZP48 CRT TV and am connected using component (nvidia 6150 MSI motherboard). I am able to get a progressive signal out but there 2 problems.

1. The image seems to flicker a lot (like running low refresh on a PC monitor). I don't know if this is normal for progressive. Does it have to do with refresh? I user VertRefresh 50.0.

2. There is extreme overscan, so much that I can not even the the task bar in fluxbox. I have tried playing around with TVOverscan, but doesn't help much.

I suppose when you set HD576p, there are certain reo****ions u select from the modepool, and you can only select only those. I have tried 720x576 (I am in PAL) but the image is overscanned (it's like the image is zoomed in).

Is there a way to override the modelines used ? I have seen many posts regarding modeline but have no found any 1 using the HD576p with those. Does HD576p just use some pre-set modelines or does it do more than that.

If any one has component working on a CRT tv I would appreciate if they can post their xorg.conf file.

Thanks.
thanosz is offline   Reply With Quote