View Single Post
Old 03-26-03, 01:01 PM   #8
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Well I don't like to be a part of either company. I mean sure I like my Radeon for what it does, not because of the bloody company it comes from. I would like the card just the same if nVidia/S3/3dfx/etc... released it.
Gads I hate agreeing with you, but I do. I'm just sick of the over zealous freaks on either side of the fence!

I might have fun knocking nVidia lately, but I try and do it on actual points just 'cause I feel it's important that some people try and air an opposing view to the massive PR machine nVidia is trying to steam-roll their FX into the top-spot with.

You can knock me all you want for "caring too much about it dude, they're JUST VIDEOCARDS!", but it's my choice to decide how wrapped up in 'em I care to be.

I just don't like it when peeps think it's "cool" to try and start a boardwar, it just seems so kiddy-ish and R3D has actually really been improving in that area lately so I wanted to make a point of saying that a lot of us there don't like it.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote