Thread: SLED 10 Rocks
View Single Post
Old 07-14-06, 06:17 AM   #3
Chalnoth

Default Re: SLED 10 Rocks

Yeah, I saw a review of this a few days back, and I have to say that I liked what I saw. They've got videos and everything of using the OS:
http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7150

Anyway, I've been using OpenSuSE 10.1 for a while now, and I'm absolutely loving GLX. In OpenSuSE 10.1 you have to install it manually (as it's only recently gotten any good...when 10.1 first came out it felt very much like alpha software), but it's now just a matter of downloading and installing the packages.

My favorite feature of GLX is window transparencies. This is just a superb feature for programming (I can read other code or documentation behind the window I'm working in). I've got the control to set window transparency set to alt+mouse wheel, which makes things exceedingly convenient.

I'm seriously thinking about upgrading to SLED 10 once I get back from this conference for the improved start menu and stuff.

Edit: Though I am a bit curious: what don't you like about YaST? I thought it was a nice, simple, effective utility for package download/installation, as well as system configuration.