View Single Post
Old 07-17-06, 11:43 PM   #1
Moot
;-]

Default Performace loss with time?

I have a really strange problem where after a while my system perforce will drop off a bit. If I start my computer, or reboot my computer quake 4 and fear benchmarks will be 62 and 76 respectively. This level will stay consistent for several hours. Then say six to ten hours later (not really sure how long it takes, but it is a while, or it could even be software but I doubt that) the machine will be running a new consistently slower speed. Quake 4 and fear benchmarks now will be 56 and 57 respectively. In windows itís unnoticeable. In games you do notice the frame rater drop, but itís not huge. The system never becomes unstable or crashes. All the latest drivers and bios updates for my hardware have been tried. I have tried clock speeds for all my hardware and still the same issue is present. I have tried opening all the software i typically use in a day right away to see if one of them was causing the issue, and it appears not to be the case. There is no processes or thread hogging cpu time when the system is in it's lower performace state. My system info is in my signature for reference. Does anyone have any ideas? Or had the same problem?

Via 5.09a
Nvidia 91.31
Bios 221
- ASUS ATI 5850
- 3 x 1 TB seagate barracuda HDDs
- Enermax MODU82+ 525W
- Asus Xonar D1
- klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra
Moot is offline   Reply With Quote