View Single Post
Old 07-28-06, 11:21 AM   #13
joshuamcdo

Default Re: Over clocking my BFG 6800GT

Fear not, as this is a "Far Cry" related issue as none of my other games do this, and I can keep far cry from doing this everytime so far.

If I start a new game, this rebooting problem and the then following " STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078) " windows alert never occurs. When I load a "Saved" game Far Cry loads, and about 5 seconds after the progress bar reaches 100% the machine just re-boots and upon rebooting completion windows comes up with the usual " STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078) " message. Every once in a while, loading a game just works. I beleive it's after some other application has both initialized and released the video hardware.
If you would like to play your game withOUT the rebooting. So far it hasn't happened to me again if I follow the following steps..

Start a new game, once that game loads, load your game you want to play.. Works for me EVERYTIME. (So far) I get the message that it will overwrite check points and such but if you don't even play the game and load your saved game you will be ok.
Hope this helps...

Joshua McDowell

Linux Networx FE
joshuamcdo is offline   Reply With Quote