View Single Post
Old 08-01-06, 03:34 AM   #1
ManixT

Default NVIDIA-87.62 on X11R7.0 SRC INSTL

Hi,
I am trying to configure X to properly use the new (87.62) nvidia drivers however I am running into the common GLX/NVIDIA modules not found message. Now, the problem is, my configuration differs from issues resolved through other posts in this forum.

I am running a modified slackware 10.2 based distribution.
X.org X11R7.0 is my X server, this has been compiled from source.
I have compiled and installed the NVIDIA drivers using two methods, one by running: sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8762-pkg1.run -x; cd NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8762-pkg1/usr/src/nv; make SYSINCLUDE=/usr/local/src/linux (my symbolicly linked kernel source)
and the other method of just running the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8762-pkg1.run installed (which now works on my system, for the first time ever, nice job guys )
Both methods result in an apparently (lsmod reports nvidia module) proper install of the nvidia module.
However both methods still result in the same failed loading of modules from X.

I believe my problem is just that i need to recompile the module after the required pkgconfig and xserver-xorg-dev programs have been updated/installed.

Now I have recompiled my pkgconfig tool to the newest version prior to the compilation of X11R7.0 and I have verified that my /usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig/xorg-server.pc file contains proper directory information. As far as the xserver-xorg-dev components, I haven't a clue.

I have also verified that /etc/init.d/nvidia-glx does not exist.

If someone could help point me in the area of what to check next I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a ton!
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (98.5 KB, 105 views)
File Type: log Xorg.0.log (11.3 KB, 103 views)
ManixT is offline   Reply With Quote