View Single Post
Old 03-31-03, 01:16 PM   #43
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Beige
Originally posted by ChrisRay
The r300 is the most limited DirectX 9.0 card available right now.

I'm sure nvidia will whatever they can to rectify that *cough*DX9 for $79*cough*

If you don't buy for new tech, Then what are you buying for?

only the best performance and IQ currently available

People claim the r300 is very future proof, In Actuality, It's not, Your argument basically reiterates that.

yeah don't be fooled by the 9700pro's amazing performance and no.1 spot in WHQL-certified benchmarks, it'll be below minimum spec for new games in a couple of months.

it's so absurd how people are saying that the NV30 is so great because it goes beyond DX9 when it's having trouble keeping up with 7-months older 9700pro even now

I'm gonna score you 10 for reading comprehension,

Never did I praise the Nv30 for anything except programmability, Are you going to offer a real argument towards the limitations of the r300's programmability or are you going to continue with rhetoric replies eye rolls?

And as a matter of fact, I was also praising the r350 for programmability as well.

If you can see past your brand loyalty you will realise the r300 is the most limited programmable graphics card that meets DirectX 9.0 standards.

Why the r350 and Nv30 Lineup offer significant improvements over the r300 in terms programmability and user friendly programming functions.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote