Re: OpenGL fullscreen resize problem
0) How are you determining that the system is hanging? Have you tried to ping/ssh/telnet the system?
The system does not respond to keystrokes (including ctrl-alt-backspace and ctrl-del)
You can not ssh into the machine
In fact, if will not respond to ARP requests.
The kernel has stopped, as far as I can tell
1) Does this crash reproduce with 1.0-8762 as well?
I did test this on the Mandriva 2006 setup yes. It failed as well in the same way.
However, I was not able to test this in the Fedora Core 5 enviroment. (gave up, kernel panic on boot issues).
2) Why are you booting with the noapic parameter? Does the crash reproduce if you boot with pci=noacpi instead?
I have had stability problems on the AMD platform with apic, disabling it makes the problem go away. I will test the pci=noacpi and report the results.
3) Does the crash reproduce with a more recent (2.6.17.x) kernel?
I did try to get this running on the Fedora Core 5 setup, but as stated gave up. I can give this a go on the Mandriva platform to see what results.
4) Have you verified that you're using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?
I belive I have. This I will check as well.
Thanks for the input. I will get back on experiment #2, then 3 and I will verify 4.