View Single Post
Old 04-03-03, 05:54 AM   #101
Captain Beige

Quote:
Originally posted by RobHague
Oh? I've been pretty happy with stuff i have gotten from overclockersUK. Plus i HAVE tried to get one shipped from the US. I pre-ordered a VisionTek XTASY 9800 PRO on Outpost.com which was due to be shipped on the 31st March. Then they emailed me and told me they didnt know when they were getting some in. I checked back today and it says "Pre-order shipping April 1st" its now April 3rd and it still says it. Ive seen people on ebay selling them for about 320 and saying they will be shipped from the US but id rather just get a card from a proper store (better that way if anything goes wrong).
I ordered a new HDD from overclockers.co.uk. when it arrived it was in an open anti-static bag and had a little yellow sticker suggesting it was a previously returned item. I tried it and it failed constantly. I requested an RMA and returned it in person but it took several phone calls and ~2 months to be refunded.

for comparison, when I needed a refund from dabs it only took a couple of emails (since my credit card number had changed between ordering and returning) and then the refund was cleared within days.

this may just be bad luck and an isolated incident, but overclockers failed me where others have suceeded, so I might as well stick with the ones I trust.