Originally Posted by netllama
I have a few questions:
0) Are any specific steps required to trigger the crash, or is it seemingly random?
1) Have you verified that you're using the latest BIOS?
2) If you boot with the acpi=off and/or noapic kernel parameters, does that have any impact?
3) Does this crash reproduce if you are not using VMware?
0) The crash occurs completely randomly - sometimes after a few minutes other times after a few hours.
1) Is that BIOS for video or motherboard - motherboard is latest, video card i'm not sure - theres nothing new on the inno3d site.
2) Have tried lots of suggestions made in other posts including these, pci=nommconf and turning renderaccel on and off
3) I'm not 100% sure about vmware - I will try it with and without (although without is not a workable option on this workstation). I can tell you that with older Nvidia drivers (1.0-7182) under Suse 10.0 and the same version of VMWare it was rock solid stable.