If you have a problem, and would like help, please follow the following steps:
1) Please start a new thread about your problem. It's really hard to track issues if you ask for help in one of the generic threads (like "1.0-4349 released").
2) Please attach a copy of your /etc/X11/XF86Config(-4) and /var/log/XFree86.0.log files where appropriate. If you're not sure if they're appropriate, attach them anyway. The forums now accept attachments with .log endings, so you don't have to append .txt anymore.
2a) If you're having problems with resolutions, color depths, or other display related issues, a verbose X log is much more useful than a regular log. To get a verbose log, start X with
startx -- -logverbose 5
and attach it to your newly created thread.
3) Other information that's useful:
- your video card
- your driver version
- your distribution
- your video bios revision (look in /proc/driver/nvidia/cards/0 while X is running)
- your processor
- your motherboard model (especially if you're having lockups)
This information will help us help you.