View Single Post
Old 08-31-06, 11:16 AM   #1
alienseer23

Question tripple monitor setup

Hello, this is my first post here, I hope it proves fruitfull

I have a PNY GeForce 6200 agp video card. It has dual monitor out, plus a TV out.
I am using the latest drivers in an Ubuntu environment (the latest Ubuntu with all updates).
I use dual monitor setup as a norm, a 21 inch NEC and a 19 inch MAG. I am using them as separate x-screens, I don't like how twinview spans the background out over the 2 monitors or how maximizing an app in twinview opens it up over the 2 monitors.
In order to switch my setup (from "NEC[1] + MAG[2]" to "NEC[1] + TV[2]") I have to power off the MAG and turn on the TV and restart X (ctrl+alt+backspace). This works fine every time, but I have to restart any of my programs, and that is a headache.

here is a link to my post in UbuntuForums regarding how to set this up
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=236527

as you can see there I used the nvidia-xconfig utility to handle everything excepting adding the tv to the x config file.

I would like to know how to switch between the MAG[2] and the TV[2] without having to restart X. I would also like to know if it is possable to utilize all the screens (NEC[1] + MAG[2] + TV[3]) all at the same time on the same card???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
alienseer23 is offline   Reply With Quote