Thread: IDE Issues
View Single Post
Old 04-05-03, 08:37 PM   #1
jpitman

Question IDE Issues

I've recently upgraded to an Asus A7N8X Deluxe. I've got 768megs of ram and an Athlon XP2500 (Barton) CPU. With this new system I purchased the Asus 9280 video card.

I've got Windows XP working OK, although the system seems to pause on me quite a bit when playing 3D games. Any suggestions why?

On the Linux side of things (RedHat 8.0). The support page claims that support for Sound(though limited Urgh...) and networking are included(Plus some PCI fixes which didn't seem to work). Also claiming that USB and IDE will "work" with the stock Linux drivers.....hmmmm.

I backed up all of my files into a file on my root partition....this basically rendered my system unusable. Even opening up a term window was PAINFULLY slow. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Is it the manufacture of the MB or Video card?

Any help would be nice...

One more added note. I looked through the posted guild for getting everything working under RH 8.0. While I think the guild was well done, why should it be this difficult to get everything working? Couldn't something be done to make everything compatible with the RH 8.0 kernels?

Thanks

Last edited by jpitman; 04-05-03 at 09:00 PM.
jpitman is offline   Reply With Quote