View Single Post
Old 09-16-06, 07:47 AM   #1
Migons

Default 1.0-8774 + FBSD 6.1 & problems with AGP

Hi!

I'm using FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE (i386), and my problem is related to enabling AGP for my GeForce 6200. When I install 1.0-8774 to use its own AGP driver, and xorg.conf has option "NvAGP" "1", no error messages are shown (neither in dmesg nor in Xorg's log file). BUT, after typing sysctl -a | grep nvidia, there can found the following lines:

hw.nvidia.agp.status.status: disabled
hw.nvidia.agp.status.driver: n/a (unused)
hw.nvidia.agp.status.rate: n/a (disabled)
hw.nvidia.agp.status.fw: n/a (disabled)
hw.nvidia.agp.status.sba: n/a (disabled)

I have Asus A8V Deluxe, which uses VIA K8T800 Pro chipset, and should so be supported by NVIDIA's AGP driver. Altough I'm running Athlon 64 processor, I'm still using 32-bit FreeBSD. I'm confused about this, because when I install 1.0-8774 to use FreeBSD's AGPGART driver, the following statements appear after launching Xorg (option "NvAGP" "2" in xorg.conf):

NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the AMD CPU and OS kernel
NVRM: kernel upgrade recommended.

Why does it say that, even though I'm NOT running anything 64-bit (I know there isn't 64-bit driver available, and I shouldn't even need it)? I do have a pretty rare version of A64 (3500+ Socket 939 with ClawHammer core, stepping and revision aren't usual), which may not be recognized properly by NVIDIA driver. Could this cause the AGP issue?

Thank you.

|EDIT| Running X.org version 6.9.0 and compat5x-i386-5.4.0.8_7 is installed.

Last edited by Migons; 09-16-06 at 08:11 AM.
Migons is offline   Reply With Quote